[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: - Noir..with music thread.

Etienne Borgers wrote:

> >On Thu, 13 Feb 1997, M. Taboada wrote:
> >
> >: When reading Gault, I am distinctly reminded of Haydn's music in its
> >: economical perfection.

Try a noir thriller written to a specific music background  - my own
SLAUGHTER MUSIC (Foul Play Press in America, Allison & Busby in UK).
The hero is a novice hitman obsessed with baroque opera (not as highbrow
as it may sound: Handel, Telemann, Purcell etc.) and the scenes in the
book are littered with scraps and excerpts.  It screams out to be filmed,
of course, with a soundtrack of entirely baroque music behind the present
day urban violence.

Interested, Hollywood?

--
COUNT ME OUT is published as a paperback original in the UK
by Serpent's Tail, and in America by Foul Play (Spring 97).

-