[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: QUERY: D. Hammett and the Pinkertons

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Alison Moore wrote:

: Is there anyone out there with advice on how to locate records of
: Pinkertons that would reveal their assignments during this era or how one
: might find accurate information about Hammett's assignments during his
: days as a Pinkerton detective?

Asking the Pinkertons would be my first try, although I don't know if
they'd tell any secrets.  They have an ugly web site up at

    http://www.pinkertons.com/

with some history at

    http://www.pinkertons.com/frames/fframes/fhist2.htm

which mentions Hammett briefly, along with a tiny mention of
strike-breaking.  This probably won't be of much help, but I thought
I'd mention it.

Bill
--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : buff@vex.net : Caveat lector.