Re: RARA-AVIS: harlan ellison's farewell?

From: Todd Mason (foxbrick@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Sep 2010

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "James Michael Rogers" <jeddak5@...> wrote:

    > There were at least two entertaining anthologies of his trashy HB stuff put out by Pyramid....No Doors, No Windows and The Deadly Streets. Not very good, really, but the kind of thing that most of us like. IIRC, they were mostly written for the Men's Magazines of the 50s and maybe a couple of stories for Manhunt.

    --I haven't read my copy of NO DOORS, NO WINDOWS yet, but the fictionalized memoir MEMOS FROM PURGATORY and the novel SPIDER KISS are both fine and definitely within our purview here...such stories as "All the Sounds of Fear" (THE SAINT MYSTERY MAGAZINE, 1962) are certainly close (and good) enough.

    Todd Mason