Re: RARA-AVIS: harlan ellison's farewell?

From: James Michael Rogers (jeddak5@cox.net)
Date: 24 Sep 2010

    There were at least two entertaining anthologies of his trashy HB stuff put out by Pyramid....No Doors, No Windows and The Deadly Streets. Not very good, really, but the kind of thing that most of us like. IIRC, they were mostly written for the Men's Magazines of the 50s and maybe a couple of stories for Manhunt.

    I rather doubt the man's self -diagnosis. I am reminded of the time that God called Oral Roberts home. As a matter of fact, the morning after I have wrapped myself around a bottle of scotch I can feel pretty conscious of my own mortality. The interviewer should have asked him if he intended on delivering Last Dangerous Visions before he shuffled off. Did he ever permit the rights to revert to those contributors stil living?

    James