RARA-AVIS: Re: Robert B. Parker

From: Roy (chiun9@aol.com)
Date: 23 Jan 2010

      His passing is very sad news. Parker has always been one of my favorites. I've always seen him as the modern Richard Prather. There are only a few crime writers who keep me more amused than Parker did with his Spenser books,and most of them usually sacrifice reality for laughs . Of course Prather got praised for his combination of the comic and hardboiled, while Parker always seemed to get grief for it.