Re: RARA-AVIS: Nag, Nag, Nag Noir

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 23 Jul 2009

    Very interesting this bit about Faulkner...especially in light of what was said...in French...in the new issue of Le Magazine Littéraire which is a special issue about the polar with all kinds of studies of all the genres, many authors...etc...etc...106 pages of srious crime stuff...and page 44/45 an article by Jean-Baptiste Baronian titled ³Willam Faulkner ­ Polars clandestins² and the smaller title is (in translation) Œcan we consider some books by Faulkner as noir starting with the famous Sactuary? In any case the author was a big fan of crime publications¹...which tries to change the usual view in France that Faulkner was no noir or crime writer.... For those of you who read French this Mag Litt is a must...

    Montois