RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Motel Noir

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 12 Jul 2009

    You've stated it beautifully, Lawrence -- that's the kind of setting that seethes with noir potential. Not the Holiday Inns or Ramadas of today, but the old roadside court motels, owned by a mom-and-pop...or a lady with a dark and deadly secret. One floor of attached units, two floors at most. Maybe a couple dozen units...though less is better. Ahh, they just don't make 'em -- or write 'em -- like that anymore.

    Ron C.

    Angel Motel
    > was torn down and replaced with a KFC. Maybe better for the local
    economy, but
    > not so good for storytelling opportunities. Well, we've still got the
    Buckeye Budget
    > Inn on the edge of town.
    >
    > Lawrence

    Of