RARA-AVIS: Re: Newsweek names "Fifty Books of Our Times"

From: prosperena (prosperena@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Jul 2009

    Useful supplemental material for students wanting to read "The Maltese Falcon" = the Reader's Guide, (Teacher's Guide), and Radio Show which may be accessed at the National Endowment for The Arts website.

    Falcon is one of the book selections on the NEA's "The Big Read," "an initiative of the [NEA], designed to restore reading to the center of American culture."

    http://www.neabigread.com/books/maltesefalcon/index.php

    The site also suggests... If you liked The Maltese Falcon, you might enjoy: The Postman Always Rings Twice by James M. Cain (1934) In a Lonely Place by Dorothy B. Hughes (1947) The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler (1953) The Chill by Ross Macdonald (1964) An Unsuitable Job for a Woman by P. D. James (1972)

    Kari E. Johnson