Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Don Lee ( donthepoet@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Sep 2007

Well people drank a lot in the Thirties. I mean, it was a social gesture in fiction, for sure, like having people in movies smoke cigarettes so they have something to do w/ their hands.

Point being, THE THIN MAN is a charmer. Please read past the first five pp. It's one of the best. It's so good even the movie adaptation is good. It's so good that even the goofy unrelated *sequels* are good!

Don

____________________________________________________________________________________ Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games. http://get.games.yahoo.com/proddesc?gamekey=monopolyherenow