RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: mburch5717@AOL.com
Date: 29 Sep 2007

I hate to pile on but I've got to agree with Dave and Richard about the Op stories.

I've always thought the reason they haven't been seen as the masterpieces they are is because they've never been marketed together in a single volume with a good preface about them and supporting scholarship?all of which would help focus people's attention on them as a single creative project albeit over a period of years and would encourage renewed critical appraisals etc. I basically see them as the American equivalent?of the Holmes stories of Doyle.
________________________________________________________________________ Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail! - http://mail.aol.com