RARA-AVIS: Re: James M. Cain

From: Dave Zeltserman ( dz@hardluckstories.com)
Date: 29 Sep 2007

Richard, about the speed in which Jim Thompson turned out books, I remember reading somewhere how he'd check into a hotel for a weekend with a typewriter and whip out a book, so yeah, I don't think he's a good example for someone who was more contemplative with his writing. I also agree with you that you can't judge the quality of a book by how long it took to write it. Btw. My own opinion--the lesser Jim Thompson novels are still pretty damn good.

--Dave Zeltserman