RARA-AVIS: Cannibalization of Chandler's short stories

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 02 Sep 2007

Since my previous post seems lost in cyberspace, I'm posting my inquiry again as follows:

I'm writing an essay on Chadler's short stories for a Japanese publisher, and I now have a trouble in finding what letter or article Chandler used the word "cannibalization" for reusing (or incorprating) his stories into novels in. (My editor wants to know to be sure.) Googling does not seems to help.

I'd appreciate your instructing me where to look. I have RAYMOND CHANDLER SPEAKING, and THE LIFE OF RAYMOND CHANDLER.

Thank you in advance.

Best, Jiro

Jiro Kimura
e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp