RARA-AVIS: Cannibalization of Chandler's short stories

From: Jiro Kimura ( jkimura@nsknet.or.jp)
Date: 31 Aug 2007

I'm writing an essay on Chadler's short stories for a Japanese publisher, and I now have a trouble of finding what letter or article Chandler used the word "cannibalization" for reusing his stories into novels in -- the editor wants to know to be sure. It seems that the Internet or Google does not help.

I'd appreciate your instructing me where to look. I have RAYMOND CHANDLER SPEAKING, and THE LIFE OF RAYMOND CHANDLER.

Thank you in advance.

Best, Jiro

Jiro Kimura
e-mail: jkimura@nsknet.or.jp