RARA-AVIS: Dennis Lynds as Brett Halliday

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 12 Jul 2006

James R:

> I was told that Lynds wrote three of the full-length Shayne
> novels. My best
> guesses as to which ones are NEVER KILL A CLIENT, TOO FRIENDLY
> TOO DEAD, and
> THE CORPSE THAT NEVER WAS."

You guys weren't listening when the man was here... I don't exactly know about NEVER KILL A CLIENT, but TOO FRIENDLY, TOO DEAD is definitely by Dennis Lynds (and it's very, very good, to me much better than the Dresser ones). I asked Lynds about the last one and he said that it was rewritten by Dresser from his
(meaning Lynds's) novella in MSMM (don't know the title). TOO FRIENDLY, TOO DEAD was based on Lynds's novella called "The Friendly Corpse".

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM