RARA-AVIS: Carter Brown

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 12 Jul 2006

Etienne told you everything one really needs to know about Carter Brown, but he sure was a phenomenon in the early sixties, being published almost everywhere in the world. He clearly hasn't stood the test of time... Nice titles, though, and great covers in the American publications. (I don't know if I've ever seen any of the real Australian ones, but I'd say you can find some easily in the web somewhere.)

E.L. Doctorow used to be his editor at Ace, I'm told, when he still went by the name of Ed. Brown's last novels in the late seventies and early eighties are very soft-porn. I have several, but have never read any of them.

Juri

PS. My short review of Stansberry's THE CONFESSION on my blog: http://pulpetti.blogspot.com