Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: commercial and noir

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 29 Apr 2005

  Hi, Max, I see what you mean about extremes like Beckett. I did enjoy his trilogy when I was forced to read it in college, but I wonder if I would actually finish it on my own, especially now. Like you, I was enthralled with anything called
 literature through my college days, but I've grown into wanting a bit of plot also. I don't know how many people notice that Miami Purity is character driven; however, the publisher thought it would sell a lot better than it did, so somehow the main part of the reading public was able to sniff out too much character. Either that or the word didn't spread for other reasons. Hard to guess really. Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide! http://us.click.yahoo.com/S.QlOD/3MnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM