Re: RARA-AVIS: Crider v. Lansdale

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 19 Apr 2005

I started on Lansdale's Freezer Burn, which pulled me right in, having been an obsessive Harry Crews fan. I think The Bottoms is the best, however, or maybe A Fine Dark Line. I see lots of similarities between Crews and Lansdale in the eccentric Southern atmosphere and unique characterization, although Harry Crews has never been included in the area of crime as far as I know. He walks the edge of it with several books, however, so I'm wondering if anyone has heard of him. His last 2 books have been disappointing but he has about a dozen really tough novels to his credit, including The Gypsy's Curse and A Feast of Snakes. Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> What would our lives be like without music, dance, and theater? Donate or volunteer in the arts today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/pkgkPB/SOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM