Re: RARA-AVIS: Iguana Love

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 06 Apr 2005

Hi, Ivan, That conference in Anchorage was a hoot! We had all been sent to the "bush" in Alaska to do various readings and talks before that, so it's all kind of a blur. I went to the Univ. at Fairbanks because apparently the bush is too Christian for my stuff, but that was fun too. Lauren Henderson went somewhere where they had to eat "old moose," I remember. She was slated for a library in some small town, but they saw her stuff and banned her, so she wasn't allowed in. It was all interesting. I managed to do a day of dog sledding too. I'm afraid I can't remember anybody on the panel besides Lauren. I'm always put on these "bad girl" type things, where you're not sure if they mean your fictional character or yourself. I've been on other panels with Lauren, and she is always the perfect wit and keeps everyone going. Thanks for the memory! Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Has someone you know been affected by illness or disease? Network for Good is THE place to support health awareness efforts! http://us.click.yahoo.com/rkgkPB/UOnJAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM