Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reading

From: David Moran ( davidm@shakespeare-nyc.com)
Date: 09 Jun 2004

Ah, you guys are bringing up some old favorites of mine. Fredric Brown. James Kelman! (Let's hear it for the drunken Scots!)

For myself, I just last night read William Rehder's "Where the Money Is: True Tales from the World Capital of Bank Robbery" which, apparently, is Los Angeles. Nothing so good that I'll take the memory of it to my grave, but a decent little spot of true crime that you can probably finish in a single afternoon. Pretty interesting, pretty lively. It's mostly a bunch of short-story-length anecdotes that, like a lot of true crime, don't exactly gel into a "book", and read like a collection of magazine articles. But very interesting magazine articles.

Anyway now I have a much better understanding of how dye packs work, in case I decide to get into the business.

David Moran