RARA-AVIS: Jean Echenoz

From: Chris Kubsch ( kubsch@rogers.com)
Date: 28 Apr 2004

Greetings everyone:

I am a new lurker-turned poster who had to chirp up when I saw mention of Jean Echenoz.

I read Echenoz's *Big Blondes* a few years back and remember enjoying it. The writing style is unique. He takes quite a few risks with the narrative, and at time borders on the surreal (in a Haruki Murakami kind of way).

First sentence of the book sets the tone: "You are Paul Salvador and you are looking for someone."

Is it hardboiled? Not quite. But worth the read.

Chris

> . . . is a French writer who was described in this Sunday's New York
Times