RARA-AVIS: Chandler and Maupassant

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Mar 2004

Marc Seals wrote:

Wow, someone actually READ my absurdly long listserv post!

****************** Hey! I read it too! Absolutely great stuff! Is this dissertation finished or a work in progress? I think I read in an earlier post that you wrote it a long time ago, but I can't remember. If you are still working it, you might want to mention Lola's reference to Maupassant's "The Necklace" in "Red Wind." Marlowe knew it. The parallel between the stories, as Lola notes, is worthwhile.

miker