Re: RARA-AVIS: Gold Medal Month

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 25 Jul 2002

Bill Denton said:
> ...maybe we could work up decade by decade, a month at
> a time, and see how the HB and noir books changed through the years.

i like that idea. actually, i like the whole theme-of-month thing. although it presents focus, its not an all-exclusive discussion, leaving you out in the cold if you're not knowledgable.

but the evolution of hardboiled is definitely interesting to me. from a long ways off, its tempting to say, "first came hammett, then came chandler, and then came everybody else." but that certainly isn't the way it was.

miker