RARA-AVIS: Christmas purchases

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 02 Jan 2002

Dan J. Marlowe's OPERATION WHIPLASH. One of the later Earl Drakes. I searched for this on Google and turned up Mr. Nummelin in the archives saying it's not very good. So it goes.

Richard S. Prather's THE WAILING FRAIL, a 1956 Shell Scott. "Get out your guns and lock up your gals--here comes Shell Scott!" "Man-oh-murder, this frail could wail her head off-but only a hurricane of violence could blast me loose from her side ... it did!"

A fistful of John D. MacDonalds: THE PRICE OF MURDER, CONTRARY PLEASURE
("Evil casts a long shadow"), THE CROSSROADS ("She knew all about men and very little about murder. But she was willing to learn--for a quarter of a million bucks..."), A BULLET FOR CINDERELLA, CLEMMIE ("She was a sex kitten with the claws of a tigress") and PLEASE WRITE FOR DETAILS ("Art, erotica and tequila"). I haven't read any of these before, and they all look good. This brings my count of JDMs to 48, all paperbacks, all second-hand, mostly banged-up.

Bill