Re: RARA-AVIS: Best films

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2001

> I'd drop Sexy Beast from the list. As good as Kingsley's performance
> was, it was one-note played incesantly; I guess I wanted more dynamics.
> And why was Ray What's His Name so essential to the caprer, all he did
> was jackhammer a hole in a wall and swim through it?

I usually shy away from movie discussions here that aren;t tied to writing, but in this case, just got to say that you;re wrong, wrong, wrong. A great movie. The dynamics were all there, so I thought, and it worked like a charm. A more sophisticated and interesting movie than Snatch, which I thought shared a little of the sensibility here, especially with the
"surreal" elements.

And where would we be without guys to jackhammer holes in the wall?

NSmith