RARA-AVIS: Recent acquisitions

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 09 Aug 2001

I recently picked up a used paperback copy of Cain's
_Double Indemnity_. For some reason, I thought I'd read it before, but I hadn't. What an amazing novel that is. (Of course, now I'm left wondering what it is that I read and liked so much but misremembered as Cain's.)

In the same shopping spree, I picked up _Double Kill_, a 1972 Fawcett Gold Medal by Daniel da Cruz. I don't know the book or the author, but I rarely go wrong with Gold Medal, and for 75 cents, it wasn't much of a risk. Does anyone know of this book or author?

G.