RE: RARA-AVIS: Harriet Klausner

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 06 Jul 2000

Well, the reviewers at The Washington Post write reviews as if they were trying out for the OpEd page so there's very few worth reading. Its rare in my experience to find any reviewers comments worth the money ($1.50) that I paid for the paper ... probably why I don't really care about some hobbyist posting her opinion at Amazon.com.

Maybe the question for me is whether or not we actually need the reviewers? Even those who I agree with it's more of a singular experience and I certainly wouldn't trust their opinion enough or use it in a book buying decision. It's interesting to read another's view of a work that I have read, but that's about it and in that light it really doesn't matter who has written it as long as it agrees with my opinion. ;)

--
Anthony Dauer
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/

-----Original Message----- From: Mario Taboada Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2000 2:33 PM
Now let's talk about something serious: who are the outstanding mystery reviewers of our day? Does the category even exist? It just occurred to me that the robot is filling a void.