Re: RARA-AVIS: Crais and others

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 05 Jul 2000

On 5 July 2000, K Montin wrote:

: I was a subscriber when this list first started, but found it hard to
: keep up, and discontinued my sub. The last couple of months I've been
: getting the digest and am enjoying it immensely.

I'm glad you're back. I like getting each message on its own, but many people much prefer the digests. It keeps your mailbox much neater.

: Incidentally, would anyone care to explain the title of The Postman
: Always Rings Twice? I've seen the old American film and Ossessione,
: and last week I read the novella. No postman, no ringing. The allusion
: escapes me. Am I the only one?

There was some talk about this before, but I can't find it in the archives. Someone said it was the first part of a saying: "The postman always rings twice, but opportunity only knocks once."

Discussing more than one thing in a message is perfectly fine.

Bill