Re: RARA-AVIS: Readings List Reminder

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 03 Jan 2000

On 3 January 2000, james.doherty@gsa.gov wrote:

: Bill asks "What's a good choice for a Joe Gores (not HAMMETT)?" His
: very best book, and one of the all-time best PI novels ever written,
: is *Interface*. I'd also like to renew my suggestion that we do
: Burnett's *Asphalt Jungle* in the near future.

INTERFACE it is, and I added THE ASPHALT JUNGLE too; Burnett was on the list of authors on the queue and Kathy Harper's been too quiet lately, and this will get her talking.

INTERFACE is out of print, but with the advance warning I hope everyone who wants to (at least in English-speaking countries) can find a used copy. Leonard's FREAKY DEAKY is in print.

Bill