RARA-AVIS: Gores reading

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 03 Jan 2000

Let me add another vote for Gores's _Interface_. This one should be a lot of fun to discuss.

Has anybody been doing their _Red Harvest_ homework? Last night, after finishing Henry Roth's spellbinding
(to me) _Mercy of a Rude Stream_, I picked up the big omnibus Hammett volume and officially started Red Harvest. What a change of pace, from Roth's complex and free-form exploration of memory and self to Hammett's spare, wry, and disengaged prose!

Regards to all,

===== Mario Taboada

"To a mouse, cheese is cheese: that is why mousetraps work." (Unattributed)