RE: RARA-AVIS: Vachss Delayed

John & Carrie (johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:30:49 -0500

I'm disappointed by him as well. I find him to be a very good writer, he has the hard-boiled style down...but ultimately, his books are pretty much all the same. Burke reluctantly gets drawn into a case he doesn't want to do (sort of like James Brown and his "you can't pull me from the stage" routine), he gets his noble gutter side kicks involved, and reminisces (sp?) about how bad he's had it in prison. Too bad, cause I think Vachss can do much better.

Be that as it may, Strega is my fave.

Tribe