RARA-AVIS: Vachss Delayed

JohnAlvar@aol.com
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:02:42 EST

I'm just catching up with the recent postings but wanted to add my two cents to the Vachss thread.

I too think that Shella is his best work to date -- it grabbed me by my collar and pulled me forward (through a questionable foray into skinhead culture) to a satisfying end.

I recently bought Vachss' Everybody Pays and I've been disappointed by the redundant nature of the work: set up the bad guy and kill him; set up the bad guy and kill him...

John Alvar