[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: RARA-AVIS: _Hardboiled America_ and writer biographies

Two weekends ago, my wife and I stayed in a bed&breakfast that happened
to have William Nolan's "Hammet: A Life at the Edge" on a shelf, so I
read it while lounging in a hammock. (The old "Hammet hammock," I call
it.) Good reading. I recommend it. And it was fortuitous. I was already
reading "The Gutting of Couffingal" in one of Ruhm's anthologies and
starting "The Scorched Face" in the Pronzini-Adrian collection. Nolan's
book made these stories much more interesting for me.

Have Hammet's book reviews and other critical writings been collected
anywhere?--Duane

This is an interesting question, certainly.
>SNIP<
> (also book reviewer for Saturday Review and NY Evening
Post),. . .
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca