[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: "hardboiled"/women authors + Highsmith

, I'd shout out Fran Lebowitz. Terse, sardonic, curmudgeonly,
>precise, against the current, and able to call a sam a spade (ouch!).
>Doesn't cook. Never without a lit cigarette (which makes interstate travel a
>challenge). Not married or coupled up. No fluff in her writing.
>
>Sandra Hess
>shess@sirius.com
>
>-
># RARA-AVIS:  To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis"
># to majordomo@icomm.ca

I agree with this notion, she is hard boiled.  Speaking of hard boiled
woman, how about the magnificent Patricia Highsmith.  By appearance, her
novels, stories are not hard-boiled, but in reality they are the hardest.
She cuts to the core of sexuality like no one else on this planet.  Anyone
on this list share this love for this writer..

Tosh Berman
TamTam Books

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca