[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Re:David Goodis

  I also dig Raymond Chandler.  I've found Dashiell Hammet a little
>dry, and have mixed feelings about Andrew Vachs. I might  pick up James M.
>Cain next, or perhaps more Thompson. Any suggestions?

This is a great list!  Although his name has been mentioned - I just want
to add another ยข2 to David Goodis.  I think he is a fantastic writer.
STREET OF NO RETURN and CASSIDY'S GIRL are almost borderline surrrealism.
Most of his books the character is down, and gets even lower as the story
goes along.  I know in France there is a biography out on David Goodis.  Is
there an English translation out, and has anyone on this list read the bio?

Tosh

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]