Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: savages/winslow

From: sonny (sforstater@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 Nov 2010

    i haven't read Dawn Patrol (or CA Life and Fire), tho i certainly hope to.

    of what i've read, a recommendation for what to read first would depend on the person. if i thought they might only read one and are into longer and epic books, then Dog. Bobby Z is the lightest and some people prefer that. Frankie Machine i liked better than Bobby Z and it's tougher.

    but there are some people i know who i'd recommend Savages to first.

    david c., as far as the Maslin quote, do you think she meant it negatively? as opposed to meaning that this is his best yet and most likely to be a big seller?

    actually you (and winslow) answered that. obviously you both did take it negatively.