Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: savages/winslow

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 26 Nov 2010

    I think I'd recommend Dawn Patrol to begin with, and if you liked that, you'd like if not love everything else.

    I'd be interested in what other listers thought on this point: which book would you select as a starting point for Winslow if the person had never read him?

    California Fire & Life or The Death and Life of Bobby Z are both just as good a place to start as The Dawn Patrol. I agree that reading at least a couple o other Winslows before The Power of the Dog is a good idea for pacing purposes, simply because Dog is such a masterwork

    John Lau

      Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. John Wooden