RARA-AVIS: Human Hunting Story stumper: not Most Dangerous Game

From: David Wright (dwright333@yahoo.com)
Date: 24 Nov 2010

    Posting this here in case one of you encyclopedic rara avians knows this.
      I'm looking for a particular short story, possibly fairly old & told in the first person by a man we believe is hunting elephant, but in a final twist turns out to be hunting HUNTERS of elephants. This is not Richard Connell's Most Dangerous Game, nor does is seem to be any of the other 'hunting humans' stories listed here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_hunting\\ Not really a human hunting story, per se: that is just the twist at the end.

    Does this ring any bells for anyone? Thanks for thinking about it.
      David Wright http://shelftalk.spl.org

                      "Que Scay-Je?"