RARA-AVIS: Doherty's "I Like 'Em Tough" column from the MYSTERICAL-E

From: David Hale Smith (david@dhsliterary.com)
Date: 16 Nov 2010

    Jim:

    As usual, your writing on this subject is illuminating and excellent. Thanks for the reminder to the rara-avis list about the western/crime fiction connection, and in particular your mention of the genius work of W.R. Burnett. I keep his NYT obit on file and read it every so often just to marvel at his creative accomplishments and the tremendous career he put together as a writer of crime fiction.

    All best, David

    David Hale Smith DHS Literary, Inc. 10711 Preston Road, Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75230 214-506-3133 office/mobile

    http://www.dhsliterary.com