RARA-AVIS: Classic Convention Program -- Noircon

From: Jack Bludis (buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Nov 2010

    Under extremely extenuating circumstances, I was unable to attend Noircon for which I had signed up. Knowing what great paper programs they put out, though, I asked for a copy of their program.

    This past Saturday, a week after the conference, I received a book in the mail. I was curious as to what it was. When I opened the package I found what looked like a vintage paperback novel. Ah, 25 cents -- does anyone remember those days?

    As it turned out though it was the program for the convention, more than 200 pages of good stuff including pieces about and by those in attendance and others. An tributes to many including the recently deceased David Thompson -- gone far too soon.

    The program, of course, showed the schedule, bios of the panelist and honorees. This year's honoree, George Pelecanos.

    Damn did I miss a good conference! And the next one's not until 2012!

    Philadelphia, here I come.

    Jack Bludis

    "Shadow of the Dahlia," a Shamus finalist novel at Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com New edition trade-paper, Kindle, and Nook