Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: westerns and night errands

From: Michael Jeter (michael.damian.jeter@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Nov 2010

    I have not read Lehane, but I plan to.

    I am a regular listener and, when I can, a member of my local NPR station.

    I often try to sell NPR as a superior conveyor of news. However, the following mistake in NPR's transcription is another instance of what I perceive as a slipping of standards:

    "Since the days of Spade and Archer, probably more private investigators were actually working for larger firms, for security firms, for brinks," he concedes. "But the archetype, the fictional archetype [of the private detective], has always been of the night errands."

    --
    Michael Damian Jeter
    New Orleans, LA

    <*> To change settings via email: rara-avis-l-digest@yahoogroups.com rara-avis-l-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com