RARA-AVIS: Pulp data

From: Jess Nevins (jjnevins@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 11 Nov 2010

    On the off-chance that someone here might find the following entertaining or useful....

    I've been compiling statistics on the pulps for a while now, and have begun posting them on my blog (http://ratmmjess.livejournal.com) under the tag Pulp data (so http://ratmmjess.livejournal.com/tag/pulp%20data).

    So far I've done an overall breakdown of number of titles in individual genres (including detective/mystery, of course) as a percentage of the whole, an analysis of the German pulps, a couple of spreadsheets listing the titles of all European pulps and all European detective pulps, and most recently an analysis of the market share of all American pulps by genre for 1936, 1921, 1922, and 1923--I intend to eventually cover 1921-1949.

    Jess Nevins