RARA-AVIS: archie goodwin: torturer?

From: noblegasesuk (noblegasesuk@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Nov 2010

    I'm working my way through the Nero Wolfe canon and I've just finished "The Golden Spiders" and I'm pretty horrified that Archie resorts to torture of an informant.

    I'm trying to read the canon in chronological order but I have read a couple of books that follow "The Golden Spiders" and the Archie they presented wasn't nearly as hard-boiled as this one.

    The question: does Archie torture anyone else in the canon?

    -- Tony