RARA-AVIS: Re: Hard Boiled Crime Book Club

From: hardcasecrime (editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 04 Nov 2010

    Thanks for letting me know. I'll ask them to stop telling people that -- it's just not true. As I said below, I suggested a batch of authors who might be good choices for them (Block, Westlake, Parker, Estleman, Collins, Pronzini, McBain, etc.) and in some cases I suggested particular books by these authors that I thought might be good choices (I particularly suggested the Scudder books by Block, since I'd have killed to publish those in Hard Case Crime if I'd gotten the chance)...but that's all I did, send them a few e-mail messages containing suggestions. Any actual selecting of which books to send was done by them. In fact, until I started seeing complaints yesterday, I had no idea they'd sent the Parker book.

    Charles