RARA-AVIS: Re: Hard Boiled Crime Book Club

From: trentrey (trent@violentworldofparker.com)
Date: 02 Nov 2010

    I'm also in the book club and am similarly annoyed.

    Communication is key, and they failed at that.

    I would stay in the book club if I thought that the books were being selected because your readers will really dig them. You've built a great brand, and if they can't supply your brand, they can certainly, as you mention, supply books that lovers of your brand will enjoy. I don't know if _Perish Twice_ is a good book or not, but my sense is that I got it because it was some overstock that was laying around in a warehouse, not because someone thought Hard Case Crime readers would enjoy it.

    My previous interactions with Dorchester left me very impressed. This incident annihilated that goodwill instantly.

    --Trent The Violent World of Parker http://violentworldofparker.com/