RARA-AVIS: Hardcase Crime Book Club

From: Jack Quick (jquick5342@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Nov 2010

    A heads up. If you were a member of Charlie Ardai's Hardcase Crime Bookclub when Dorchester Publishing stopped printing their books, Dorchester has apparently taken that mailing list and morphed it into something called Hard Boiled Crime Bookclub and is continuing to ship out (and charge for) books. My first one was a reprint of an old Robert B. Parker Sunny Randall book (Perish Twice).

    When I called  and told them I had never signed up for this, wanted to cancel, wanted credit and would return the book, they were nice enough but it seemed I was not the only one to cry foul at this treatment.

    Now we will wait and see whether I get my account credited or if this is chapter one of a continuing issue.

    I hate it for Charles who did such a fabulous job with Hardcase Crime, but these people are certainly not doing him any favors now.

    Alabama Jack

    Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. Buddha