RARA-AVIS: OT: odd book spam from "Rara Avis Publishers"

From: bobav1 (bob.vietrogoski@gmail.com)
Date: 15 Oct 2010

    I'm a librarian, and today I received the following book spam. What's with the name of the publisher???

    Bob V in NJ

    Dear Sir / Madam,

    It is indeed pleasure to bring to kind attention the following important & useful publications from India.

    1. 32nd Edition of Universities Handbook 2010, (Set of 2 Vols.), Price US$ 400 2. 31st Edition of Universities Hand Book 2007, (Set of 2 Vols.), Price US$ 350 3. Equivalence of Foreign Degrees 2007, Price US$ 100

    The 32nd edition of Universities Handbook 2010 (Set of 2 Vols.) is a compendium that contains latest information on 341 university level institutions . . .

    THEN TWO PAGES OF BLAH BLAH BLAH, THEN:

    However, the payment may be made in form of International Check / Draft in favor of Rara Avis Publishers Distributors and send it to us through Courier / Registered Post to ensure safe and prompt delivery.

    We request you to kindly confirm your order via E-mail / Fax / Post to us, so that we promptly execute your valuable order in time.

    Assuring you our best cooperation and with warm regards.

    Sincerely

    Pawan Sehgal Director Exports
      Rara Avis Publishers Distributors G-100, Jail Road, Hari Nagar, New Delhi-110058 (India) Tel. : 0091-11 25502345, Mob. : 09811130113 E-mail. : raraavis28@yahoo.com / rapd28@hotmail.com Website : www.a1booksindia.com