RARA-AVIS: When a murder is not murder

From: m23to53 (library.john@virgin.net)
Date: 15 Oct 2010

    I have just been reading an obscure 1913 crime novel 'The maker of ware' in which the main character's marriage is deteriorating and then his wife is found stabbed to death with a hatpin. Of course he is suspected of killing her. The twist (Spoiler warning) is that her death turns out to be an accident, that somehow she tripped on her dressing down and the hatpin in her hand killed her.

    So I have a question. Can you think of any other crime novels in which an apparent murder has turned out to be accidental without anyone else being involved.

    Thanks John