RARA-AVIS: Re: book buying advice from professional writers re royalties

From: patrick lee (dermdocsx2@gmail.com)
Date: 10 Oct 2010

    Thanks to Messers. Crider and Zeltserman for their responses. Here is Duane Swierczynski's answer, similar to Bill and Dave's:

    Hey, Pat-- Honestly, I'm grateful that you read my work in ANY form, print or e-book. I'm just as happy if someone checks a book of mine out of the library. I think it comes down to what works best for you.

    I divide my purchases between physical books and e-books -- I tend to collect my favorite writers in hardcover, but love the idea of downloading a novel on a whim. I do wish publishers would include a free e-book version with the purchase of a hardcover, much like they do with DVDs and digital copies these days. Maybe someday...

    Thanks so much for asking -- I'm absolutely flattered, and hope you keep enjoying the weird stuff I write.

    Cheers-- Duane