RARA-AVIS: Re: Terriers

From: Kevin Burton Smith (kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 08 Oct 2010

    Well, I was all set to catch Terriers next episode last night, and see if it was still a dog or not, when DISH TV and Fox decided to have a pissing contest. So, no Terriers, no Fox, no nothing for me.

    Boo hoo hoo.

    So, I'll just watch it on HULU or FANCAST.

    Which just begs the question:

    How many of you watch TV on your computers now? Thanks to Amazon, iTunes, Netflix, Fancast, Hulu et al, it's a great way to catch up on shows you've missed, and there are some great movies and old TV shows that are almost impossible to track down that you can download, rent or stream almost immediately (and LEGALLY!), including the hard-to-find HICKEY & BOGGS. I tell ya, it's a hell of a lot easier than programming a VCR or DVR.

    And now both Roku and Apple TV have just released new, inexpensive (100 bucks or less) doohickeys that allow you to beam downloads and streams over to your TV set.

    Be your own network.

    Kevin Burton Smith Once and Future Editor/Founder The Thrilling Detective Web Site
    "Wasting your time on the web since 1998."