RARA-AVIS: Re: Arthur Penn and MICKEY ONE

From: Rick Helms (writerrickhelms@aol.com)
Date: 02 Oct 2010

    David Corbett wrote:

    "But it's Penn's MICKEY ONE that really shocked me when I saw it. It played maybe four times over a single weekend when I stayed in LA in the late 1970s, and it was just mesmerizing. (Can't find it on DVD or even VHS, sadly.) It stars Warren Beatty as a stand-up comic from Detroit driven off the stage by the Mob, and who has to face his past when he resurfaces in Chicago and tries to resurrect his act under a new name."

    It's on TCM from time to time. I had intended to record it to DVD the last time it was on (about a month ago), but my DVR misfired. You can check TCM's schedule online to see when it will show again. I know I will!

    Best- R

    Richard Helms SIX MILE CREEK,a Judd Wheeler novel, from Five Star Mysteries

    THUNDER MOON, coming in June 2011! www.richardhelms.net